Friday, December 18, 2009

Airport Thoughts

Sitting here in the airport waiting to go home after my first semester at Fox, I'd like to reflect over the past few months a bit.
With anticipation of three whole weeks at home, I realize that even though I'm excited, it's not the same kind of excited I was when I came home in October. When I came home the first time, I just wanted my mommy and daddy. I wanted to see the familiar things I've been around my whole life. Now, yes I am excited for those things, but it's different. I am just looking forward to being able to relax, watch tv, see more people I haven't seen since summer, but I'm NERVOUS. After Thanksgiving, I realized that going home isn't the same. So many things have changed in the matter of 3 months. Or maybe it's me. I don't know... but it's different, and it's hard. But I'm still very excited.
My relationships are so different. Even my closest friends, things are different. We've all created new lives, and as much as we try to keep our old friendships, we are different people now and things will forever be different. We've all met new people that have changed us for better or worse, and some of us have been in the same place, the same life as before and are slowly maturing to become a different person. I think that's why I'm nervous to go home... because it won't be the same. Seeing Michael for the first time will be so nervous and it makes want to shit myself, but it WILL be good. I have to make it good.
It's just weird how time seems to go by so fast, yet when you reflect on it, so many things have occurred and changed. It's good though, we all gotta move on with our lives some time.
This break is going to kick ass, I know. Everything is good. Life is good. Home...here I come!

No comments: