Tonight I'm taking a "chill" night. I went to a movie, but now I'm home earlier than I have been in a week. And I thought I would jot down all the thoughts I've been thinking lately.
My family is the greatest. We all click to well. I know they say there's never a family that doesn't fight...but I don't think that's true. I mean it's not that we get along all the time..but I don't remember ever experiencing an actual yelling fight..ever. All 3 of us kids made good decisions, so there was never a reason for us to get in huge trouble. We all respect our parents, and know not to push their buttons. I like to think we all have our heads screwed on straight. I love it. I wouldn't want it any different.
I've been trying to look at things more optimistically, trying new things, letting things go that would normally completely piss me off. I even want to get my nose pierced! Wouldn't that be like..the coolest thing..ever!? I think so..
but my dad said as long as I live under his roof that's not an option haha..so we'll see. And even tonight, when David almost killed us both..I laughed it off.. cause we were fine. Ya it was idiotic, but HILARIOUS at the same time, because it was fine. We're fine. And last night, I laid in bed with my headphones in, room dark, DANCING to my music, IN BED. Weird, I know, but things are just SO good. I can't help but smile..all the time.
I've seen a couple movies lately..one tonight, one earlier this week, that just opened my eyes. Yes Man really got to me thinking, why not experience what you can? Granted, I'm not going to let some homeless man climb in my car and use up all my cell phone battery and think I'm going to meet the love of my life that night, but seriously... what's the harm in reaching out sometimes? Why not push myself to do things I never thought I'd do? And then tonight I saw Seven Pounds..the most amazing but depressing movie I have ever seen. But seriously, this guy made a huge mistake, and dedicated the rest of his life to helping others out of sticky situations. It's incredible. It was just an eye-opener...what could I do to help someone out? What..even little..thing could I do to help someone out?
And then there's David. Words cannot even begin to say how I feel about him. He has this way of making me in a good mood no matter what happened that day. Or..sometimes..I'll be freaking out over nothing, and he'll just be like..Shelly, calm down. And that's all it takes.
And even all the awkward moments we have together, I think about them later, and I can't help but smile. He's so much more chill about everything than I have ever been. And it makes me realize I can calm down and know that with God watching over me, everything will be ok.
Everything is good.
Keith's home, Craig was home.
David is amazing.
My parents love me and support me.
I have the 2 best friends ever.
I have the best "little sister" that is so awesome and cute.
And I have God's love reigning over me always.
What more could I ask for?
Nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment